Spatial 0.1 Documentation¶
Spatial is a domain-specific language for describing hardware accelerators for use on FPGAs and other supported spatial architectures. The language is intended to be both higher level than hardware description languages (HDLs) like Verilog, VHDL, and Chisel, while also being easier to use than Altera’s OpenCL or high level synthesis (HLS) languages like Xilinx’s Vivado.
- Language features of Spatial include:
- Tunable, hardware specific templates
- User specified and implicitly created design parameters
- Design runtime and area analysis
- Automatic parameter tuning
- Automatic memory banking and buffering
Check out our tutorial to get started!